Sign In Forgot Password

Contact Us

Oak Park Temple
1235 N Harlem Ave., Oak Park, IL 60302
708-386-3937

Please use the contact form below to reach out to Oak Park Temple:

About Oak Park Temple

Oak Park Temple B’nai Abraham Zion dates back to the 1919 merger of the Zion Congregation (founded in 1864) and the B’nai Abraham Congregation (founded in 1871). Originally known as Washington Boulevard Temple and located on Chicago’s West Side, the congregation dedicated its current home at 1235 North Harlem Avenue in Oak Park in 1957 and has since been known as Oak Park Temple B’nai Abraham Zion.

Over the years, Oak Park Temple has enjoyed the talents of a number of respected rabbis. Samuel Schwartz guided the congregation for over twenty years, shepherding the successful merger of the two founding temples. He was succeeded by Gunther Plaut, renowned commentator and editor of The Torah: A Modern Commentary.

The congregation continued to flourish under Rabbi Leonard J. Mervis, who served from 1951 to 1979. A committed scholar and leader in Jewish studies, Rabbi Mervis also brought focus and insight to the complex social issues of his time.

Sun, July 22 2018 10 Av 5778